Each school in Surrey has been ranked and given a rating by the Real Schools Guide. The top secondary schools in the county have been listed below based on the most recent list which was published in 2020.
The guide was compiled by Reach Plc's data unit and takes into account every school's overall performance to give the most accurate reading, compared to the other schools in the local authority and 3,181 secondary schools in England. Private schools are not included on the list, however.
To give your child the best chance of attending one of the top five secondary schools , you can send your child to a feeder primary school, to increase their chances of being accepted into one of the best secondary schools in Surrey.
READ MORE: Surrey school term dates for 2023 and when your child should stay at home if ill
Feeder schools are schools that are associated with a list of secondary schools within the catchment area, indicating where your child is likely to go on to study after completing their primary or junior education. The details below are based on the school's admissions policy document.
The deadline for parents to submit their primary school application for 2023/24 is January 15.
1. St John the Baptist Catholic Comprehensive School
Address: Elmbridge Lane, Kingfield, GU22 9AL
National Rank: 24/3,181
This school is a non-selective mixed academy located in Woking. According to website Snobe, recent data shows that 81 per cent of students achieved GCSE 5 and there is a student-to-teacher ratio of 14 to one.
St John the Baptist has four feeders schools:
- St Dunstan’s Primary School, Woking
- St Augustine’s Primary School, Camberley
- St Hugh of Lincoln Primary School, Knaphill
- The Marist Primary School, West Byfleet
2. St Peter's Catholic School
Address: Horseshoe Lane East, Merrow, Guildford, GU1 2TN
National Rank: 99/3,181
Located in Guildford St Peter's is a co-ed Roman Catholic school with 1,291 students. There is a student-to-teacher ratio of 17 to one and the academy was founded in 2019.
St Peter's Catholic School has six feeder schools:
- St Thomas of Canterbury Catholic Primary School, Guildford
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Guildford
- St Edmund’s Catholic Primary School, Godalming
- St Cuthbert Mayne Catholic Primary School, Cranleigh
- St Polycarp’s Catholic Primary School, Farnham
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Dorking
3. Salesian School, Chertsey
Address: Guildford Road, Chertsey, KT16 9LU
National Rank: 125/3,181
This Roman Catholic co-ed school has a student-to-teacher ratio of 14 to one. It has 1,698 students ranging from 11 to 18 years old and 97.10 per cent of pupils complete their main study programme.
Salesian School in Chertsey has seven feeder schools:
- Cardinal Newman Catholic Primary School, Hersham
- Holy Family Catholic Primary School, Addlestone
- St Alban’s Catholic Primary School, Molesey
- St Anne’s Catholic Primary School, Chertsey
- St Charles Borromeo Catholic Primary School, Weybridge
- St Cuthbert’s Catholic Primary School, Englefield Green
- St Paul’s Catholic Primary School, Thames Ditton
4. Rosebery School
Address: Rosebery School, White Horse Drive, Epsom, KT18 7NQ
National Rank: 127/3,181
A top-rated school in Surrey, Roseberry is an all-girls school and sixth form that caters to 1,440 students. It has a 16 to one student-to-teacher ratio and is rated outstanding by Ofsted.
Roseberry School in Epsom has no feeder schools . In the event of oversubscription pupils who live closest to the school are given the highest priority.
5. All Hallows Catholic School
Address: Weybourne Road, Farnham, GU9 9HF
National Rank: 168/3,181
This Roman Catholic secondary school is a co-ed state school that sits in Farnham. 59 per cent of its students received a Grade 5+ at GSCE and the student-to-teacher ratio is 16 to 1.
Ofsted rated the school as outstanding in 2014 and 96.30 per cent of pupils at this school complete their main study programme. All Hallows School has five feeder schools for baptised Catholic children:
- St. Joseph’s, Aldershot
- St. Polycarp’s
- St. Bernadette’s
- St. Augustine’s
- St. Patrick’s
Full list of Ofsted outstanding primary schools in Surrey ahead of applications deadline
More than 1,000 SEN children waiting for education plans 'is not good enough'
Could you pass a GCSE maths exam? Test your number knowledge in our quiz
Reigate College responds to rumours its community gym is set to shut down
Get more news from SurreyLive straight to your inbox for free here.