An event to help homeowners fight back on rising fuel bills will take place at a venue near Surrey this weekend. The South East Homebuilding and Renovating Show is set to return to Farnborough International Exhibition and Conference Centre with a focus on energy saving.
Taking place just over the Surrey border between January 14 and 15, DIY SOS and 60-minute makeover interior designer Julia Kendell of Kendell and Co will be present at the show to offer her advice on achieving a sustainable kitchen, offering her tips for making savings using LED lighting and upcycling kitchen furniture.
The event will provide an opportunity for visitors to Ask the Expert about how they can make the most of the energy in their homes, save money on bills and reduce their carbon footprint, with eco-expert David Hilton on hand to de-mystify heat pumps.
READ MORE: British Gas shares top energy-saving tip this winter and it won't cost you a thing
There will be a Home Energy Hour which will see industry leaders in home heating efficiency talk about topics such as renewables like solar, and heat recovery ventilation systems. As well as providing a chance to find out about innovations in new and energy-efficient heating technologies, the show will allow visitors to experience thousands of products from more than 180 exhibitors.
Visitors are welcome to attend masterclass and seminar theatres focusing on a beginner’s guide to building your own home; smart homes made simple, and how to manage your own building project efficiently and successfully. There will also be information on how to get planning permission as well as the importance of domestic soundproofing.
The Advice Centre will provide opportunities to book free one-on-one sessions with other property experts, architects, planners and builders including Homebuilding and Renovating Magazine property experts, Michael Holmes and Jason Orme; architect Allan Corfield; planner Sally Tagg, building expert Bob Branscombe and Tom McSherry, finance expert from Buildstore.
How to buy tickets
- Price: One-day tickets to the South East Homebuilding and Renovating Show cost £8 in advance and two-day tickets cost £12 in advance (children under 16 go free).
- Buy: You can buy tickets here and for more details visit farnborough.homebuildingshow.co.uk .
- Opening times: Saturday January 14 from 10am until 5pm and Sunday January 15 from 10am until 4.30pm.
- Address: Farnborough International Exhibition and Conference Centre, Trenchard Way, Farnborough, GU14 6TQ.
- Parking: Large, free car park on site.
- Staines pub transformed into magical French restaurant with fairy lights
- The fairy tale village on the cusp of Surrey that’s one of the best places to live
- You can go on a walk with alpacas 15 minutes from Surrey
- The eerie Surrey beauty spot where a sailor was brutally murdered
- I went to Surrey's secret adult-only cinema with amazing reclining seats